Thursday 5 September 2013

8 sleeps and counting!



So, its 8 sleeps and counting till Stonehenge starts, I’m beginning to panic and wonder if I have done enough training. Particularly when I read the training my fellow HASSRA team members have under taken. I am starting to worry about the weather, the distance, the fact suddenly my saddle has started to hurt (seriously walking like an elephant at the minute it’s not pretty) I’m worrying about not knowing people-despite the fact that I’ve been talking to at least 11 other riders daily and feel like they are old friends.

Basically I’m just worrying lol 

Ahh well we have pretty, purple hoodies to wear (apparently the picture makes me look like a purple smurf, Kenny from south park or Mrs Brown!!!!) 

And a night at a local pub planned the night before to meet each other for the 1st time. I have never undertaken anything like this and I am excited, scared and, of course worried.

This week’s training has been a bit pants again, we went out on Sunday for a nice 20 mile, Monday I felt unwell so didn’t go out and, Tuesday was my birthday so no way was I riding. I had a very pretty new cycle jersey from Andy and 2 books off my little sister encompassing my 2 passions, cycling and zombies! Lol

Last night I went out on my own, nice 20 miles in 1 hour 20 minutes with a few lumps and bumps, I’m getting more confident, I even waved a car past when I could see the road was clear, and went right at a busy junction without hyperventilating or moving across 3 miles before. As it was 5pm it was busy, and I am definitely getting better at not being intimidated, you can rev all you want, I can’t go any faster! 


Cyclists are a friendly bunch mostly, chap rode past me as I was starting on a hill and a half, I was in Zoë zone though, concentrating on the "climb" ahead so, hadn’t heard him until he shouted a cheery “evening” which caused me to squeal like a horror film damsel and wibble all over the place, bless him,  I bet he wished he hadn’t bothered being friendly.

The plan this weekend is 45/50 miles with Andy Saturday and then 45 with the group Sunday, the forecast looks like we may, just managed it so fingers crossed for a good last 2 training sessions, i am hoping 2 good sessions with ease that worry worm. 
Then it’s no more training, early nights, no beer and think about my eating until Thursday, I am at a family wedding Saturday and, plan on limiting my alcohol intake!!!!!!   

EEEEEK

I will do this ride, I will not tail at the back and hold everybody up and, most of all I will enjoy it.
8 sleeps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment